Monday, January 23, 2006

..its so lonely on a limb

So, Its been twenty years this month (Jan) since ‘The Queen Is Dead’ came out.

There is a great article in this months Uncut magazine with interviews with Messrs Marr, Joyce and Rourke.

I’ve kicked the Titanic obsession and am now in full Smiths fan mode – Hand me my cardigan!

But seriously, I didn’t know there where 2 different versions of ‘Boy With A Thorn In His Side’ until today.

And there will be a box set coming out this year. 9-12 minute version of 'The Queen Is Dead'

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"I know it's over....still I cling"


...don’t forget the songs that made you cry, and the songs that saved your life.
Yes, you’re older now, and you’re a clever swine, but they were the only ones who ever stood by you

(man I could do this all day.)

Jimbo said...

Man, I'm so out of practice at this, don't think I could quote an obscure Smiths lyric now.

Oh, Manchester, so much to answer for.

Sorry, I'm slow.

Jimbo said...

...but not too slow to hit enter before I;m ready:

Sorry I'm slow, I've only just noticed the P&S Show. Nice template.

Peeboo said...

The passing of time
And all of it’s crimes
Is making me sad again
The passing of time
And all of it’s sickening crimes
Is making me sad again
But don’t forget the songs
That made you cry
And the songs that saved your life
Yes, you’re older now
And you’re a clever swine
But they were the only ones who ever stood by you