Tuesday, October 09, 2007

More fun than a puppy.

Well, Suzanne and I have managed to keep Morgan alive for just over a month now, Queensland health will probably send us a gold star for our ‘How to keep your child alive’ chart.

Speaking of gold stars, the federal government promptly sent us 4000 gold stars within a week of registering the little fella, although MBF was first off the rank to update its plastic card with Morgan’s name.

So, what do you do with the baby bonus? We had grand ideas of opening a bank account with the money, but he’d only cash it in sometime in the future so he can go cross country/interstate/overseas while perusing/being pursued by bail bondsmen/ex-lover/best friend/wrongly convicted girlfriend/boyfriend. See, that stuff happens all the time, although I always missed the opportunity to go into a bank vault, open a safety deposit box so I could retrieve a large A3 sheet of paper that had written on it Saving Bond’ or ‘Shares’. I could mock up something and then just glue key-card to the back of it? I could also soak it in tea and burn the edges. Oooh, how about a treasure map, Goonies style.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If there was ever a time to start laying hidden "clues" it is now - I'm thinking pictures with "clues" in the background.

2022: Morgan Booth is over blown up picture with magnifying glass "Oh my god, the "man with a goatee" was once a friend of my parents!?!?!?!?!?!?! and HE HAS THE MAP IN HIS TOP POCKET - it's clearly labled "MAP"."

in 14 years time you can fake your deaths and we can give him the best holiday anyone has ever had - but we must act now.


..and can i be "man in picture?" let face it it would be a killer ending to his adventure - "Morgan.....I AM YOUR UNCLE!!!!!!"

he hardly sees me anyway.