Monday, July 09, 2007

Come to the dark side


A few years ago M&M's in the USA released a dark chocolate M&M to coincide with the release of 'Revenge Of The Sith'. Well, I was pretty exited and waited, and waited and waited for the product to hit the Australian shelves.

Well Australia did get a 'Come to the dark side' campaign, but it featured just the ordinary milk chocolate M&M's dressed as some sort of Sith lord, go figure, so I waited some more.

I finally wrote to M&M's Australian pleading and begging to them to release the product in Australia. But to no avail. Chalk it up to another product line I can get only in the US of A.

So I then started to frequent those overpriced 'foreign' candy stores you find in the center isle of the mall, and you know what, still couldn't find them. I ranted and raved and ranted some more, but no dice. If I wanted a Snifter, a Twisler or a Yourkie bar, no problems, Dark chocolate M&M's? No sir, cant help.

So.. earlier this year the Dark M&M's became a 'permanent menu item' in the states, so it was just a matter of time.. jump cut to last Sunday, having a cup of tea with an old friend who said in passing, hey O like those dark chocolite M&M's. Half an hour latter, after paying off my wife to look the other way, I had in my over exited hands, 10 packets of overpriced dark chocolate M&M's.

Was it all worth it?

Oh yes it was..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was reading this going "Oh my god."
Emma comes in "What?"
I say "Paul's writing to the M&M people" she reads the blog and says "Sorry, I'm with Paul on this one...see if we can get some"

You people are a bit odd.

Jimbo said...

I must agree with Symo... very odd. I didn't know you liked chocolate quite this much.